This webinar will help investigators move through what often seems an investigatory maze. Some investigators, unable to gather information, turn to body language to make determinations of credibility. Not only can that approach be fraught with indefensible and challengeable findings, TV shows while entertaining, are not good training for interpreting body language. This webinar will cover ways to assess body language while combining with the facts as presented.
Many employers struggle to gather information during witness interviews in investigations. Many employees for a variety of reasons are reluctant to be involved and can be less than forthcoming. Friends of employees and those accused of an offense are often downright angry and vengeful. In investigations, to meet its employer obligations, it's crucial that interviews are structured to capture and gather all available accurate information, notwithstanding employee emotions that are often running high.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- When are employees entitled to representation during an investigation?
- How to prepare and what to do before an interview.
- Organizing your interview so you can ask good questions.
- Strategies for the reluctant witness.
- The angry "hothead". Dangerous or something else?
- What about tape-recording: Is it a good idea?
- Body language: Can you tell if a witness is giving false or skewed testimony? Developing behavioral baselines.
- Considering cultural diversity.
- The note taker and their role.
- Taking notes and pacing the interview.
- Starting and ending your interview.
- Educating all parties about retaliation.
- What about witnesses that are not your employee? Tips for customer complaints and joint employment interviews.
- Anyone who has to do investigations, fact findings, or solve employee relations problems and disputes
- Plant Managers
- Front Line Managers
- HR Managers
- Branch Managers
- Those with Employee Relations positions
Teri Morning MBA, MS, SPHR, SPHR-CA is the President of her own HR Consulting firm. She has over 15 years human resource and training experience in a variety of professional fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit company structures.
Event link : http://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=701708LIVE/?channel=mailer&camp=webinar&AdGroup=globalriskcommunity_may_2017_SEO
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR