Tell us more about who you are, what you do and where you want to be. What are your main business challenges? (Tip: provide your current Job Title, Industry, company or/and paste your Linkedin profile here). Use as many relevant keywords as possible. Tell us what you can offer the community. What sorts of discussions, events, and activities you can participate in.
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from the University of the Philippines – Diliman, a Certified Risk Analyst (CRA) accredited by the American Academy of Financial Management, an Associate Management Consultant (AMC) certified by the Institute of Management Consultants, and was a Microfinance Consultant and Trainer under the World Bank-Consultative Group to Assist the Poorest (CGAP).
• Has over twenty four (24) years’ experience and expertise in accounting, finance, audit, financcial analysis, institutional performance assessment, internal control system evaluation, and financial/accounting systems analysis, design and installation.
• Has international financial management and operations/support services management experience, and has worked in a multi-cultural environment in Timor-Leste for seven (7) years as the Financial Management and Operations Specialist/Consultant under the World Bank - Ministry of Health, the Deputy Country Director – Operations of Oxfam –Timor-Leste, also as Finance, Administration and Logistics Officer of the Avocats Sans Frontieres (Lawyers without Borders), and Financial Management Consultant for the Microfinance Program of Catholic Relief Services Timor-Leste.
• Was responsible for the financial management of projects funded by various international donor agencies, as follows: European Union; KOICA, AusAID/DFAT; New Zealand, Luxembourg, Swiss Development Cooperation; USAID-DAI; Sigrid Rausing Trust; Irish Aid, Royal Danish Embassy; Lutheran World Relief, among others.
• Has served several international non-government organizations (NGOs) in the Philippines, namely: Habitat for Humanity Philippines; Feed the Children International Philippines; CARE International Philippines; PLAN International Philippines; World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Philippines; and International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI), as well as big microfinance institutions namely: TSPI Development Corporation; Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation; CARD Bank; among others, and cooperatives under the National Confederation of Cooperatives (NATCCO).
• Has also been engaged as Consultant for the strengthening of the admin, finance and logistics systems of Avocats Sans Frontieres (ASF) in Uganda, and other NGOs and microfinance institutions (e.g. International Labour Organization – Microfinance Program, Catholic Relief Services – Microfinance Program, Simbag sa Pag-Asenso, Inc., among others) in the Philippines and involved in the development of their Finance and Accounting Manual, including the drafting of their Finance Policies and Procedures.
• Has facilitated and conducted several trainings and seminars in the field of accounting and finance, and was a member of a team of trainers for the Southeast Asian Region of the Consultative Group to Assist the Poorest (CGAP), a consortium of 27 bilateral and multilateral donors supporting microfinance; and also attended CGAP-World Bank Microfinance Training of Trainers’ Courses in India, Sri Lanka and in the Philippines;
• Has managed a project team, composed of Information Technology Specialists and Accountants, in the design and development of the following automated systems: a.) Project Fund Accounting and Budget Tracking System for various NGOs, namely: World Wildlife Fund Philippines; International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives – Southeast Asia Regional Office; Metrobank Foundation; Peace and Equity Foundation; Norfil Foundation; Balay Rehabilitation Center, among others; and b.) Integrated Loan Portfolio Management, Deposit Tracking and Accounting System for several micro-finance institutions and cooperatives in the Philippines. Also has technical skills in the following financial/accounting systems: Sun System v6; MYOB; Quickbooks; Saga; Peach Tree; and Dac Easy.
I am interested in
Speaking engagements, Consulting offers, Job inquiries, Business deals, Career opportunities, Expertise requests
You need to be a member of GlobalRisk community to add comments!
Advance Your Career - Take the Global Risk Academy Courses Below
If your organization delivers products and services that bring value to our members, you are welcome to join our partnership program.
Companies are welcome to setup a business profile page in our Multimedia Business Directory. You will get full control of the page and can include cutting edge possibilities – videos, adverts, presentations, white papers, job offers, Press Releases, product information, company blog, news feeds and more.