"Understanding the risk and pricing the risk is the way to be a Good Risk Manager. This concludes lot of inputs like identification of risk, evaluation of risk, alternatives of risk, resolution of risk finally implementation of measures to prevent…"
Tell us more about who you are, what you do and where you want to be. What are your main business challenges? (Tip: provide your current Job Title, Industry, company or/and paste your Linkedin profile here). Use as many relevant keywords as possible. Tell us what you can offer the community. What sorts of discussions, events, and activities you can participate in.
Professional Summary-General Insurance Claims and Manufacturing:
I am a thorough and motivated professional with a strong desire to progress in the insurance industry. My background in customer service and my end-to-end claims experience have endowed me with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for helping people and businesses solve their risk problems. Thriving in a fast-paced environment, I am a strong negotiator and a solid team player with an analytical approach. Above all, I am looking for a stimulating position in an energetic and supportive team where I can continue to develop my experience in claims management, and progress within the organisation to a management role.
Currently handling commercial claims (FIRE, ENGG, MARINE, MISC Package Policy) of corporate clients like-Birla Group, Century Group, Simplex Infrastructure, SPML Infrastructure, Tantia Construction, PCBL, Kanoria Chemical Industries, Jayshree Tea, Maihar Cement, Shree Cement and other many groups and brokers. Also handling claim under national tie up with UCO Bank.
Also little exposure of risk inspection and underwriting. Providing effective recommendations to top management to improve efficiency of claims and underwriting procedures. Excellent management skills & abilities in liaising with inter-department & Regulatory Authorities. Proficient in handling day to day activities in co-ordination with internal/external departments for smooth business operations. Enterprising leader with abilities in leading motivated teams towards achievement of organizational goals and adherence to industry best practices. Strict to TAT adherence.
Department Expertise Experience
General Insurance Motor Claims 7 years
Motor Underwriting 1 year
Non Motor Claims 3 Years
Manufacturing Production Automobile 5 years
Maintenance 3 years
Total Experience 19 years
Present Employment-Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd.: March 2008-present
Designation Duration Location
Manager Claim Commercial Jan 2011 to present Kolkata
Manager Claim Motor March 2008 to Dec 2010 Kolkata
• Handling all kinds of claim in FIRE, ENGG, MARINE, MISC, LIABILITY, WC
• Responsible for claim management of entire East Zone claim-W.B., Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and North East
• Single contact point for claims of National Tie UP of UCO BANK.
• Handling corporate and retails clients.
• Ensuring Supply chain management.
• Loss site visit.
• Corporate Claims of SPML, Simplex, Shree Cement, Sail Bokaro,
• Manage, prepare and assess claims
• Ensure claims are settled in accordance with policy and company guidelines.
• Promptly advise clients of decisions regarding claims
• Deny claims where applicable
• Liaise with repairers or suppliers when needed
• Apply creative problem-solving to selected claims, while adhering to policy definitions and regulations
• Develop and maintain relationships with range of stakeholders
• Handle claims electronically on in-house data management system
• Thorough documentation and general office administration.
• Strict to TAT and disposal adherence
• Handling corporate as well as retail clients
• Review of all outstanding claim and meeting clients for settlement of claim
• Ensuring the accomplishment of set quality standards in Service Level Agreements.
• Providing effective recommendations to top management to improve efficiency of claims and underwriting procedure.
Consistently exceeded monthly claims processing KPIs.
Successfully processed hundreds of claims, including approving and processing claims payments
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd.: June’2002--March’2008
Growth Path: Duration Department Location
Service Engineer June’2002-March’2004 Motor Claims Guwahati
Senior Service Engineer April, 2004- March’2006 Motor Claims Raipur
Assistant Manager Technical April, 2006- May’2007 Motor Claims Raipur
Asst. Manager Technical-Motor UW May’2007-March’2008 Motor Underwriting Pune-Head Office
Motor Claims • Spearheaded the motor claims team of North East and Chhattisgarh State.
• Instrumental in handling the branch for all non-motor claims of Chhattisgarh State, Engineering, Fire, Marine, independently.
• Pivotal in conducting claims analysis and claim settlement at the branch (partial and total loss cases).
• Effectively coordinated with Maruti Insurance tie-ups and others.
• Recognised from setting up preferred workshop other than the dealers for faster and economy claim settlement.
• Fraud identification and control.
• Implemented surveyor module to external surveyor for online survey report.
• Administering- surveyor deputation, loss assessment, timely disposal, loss ratio, TAT, and Claim Size.
• Ensuring Claim Process adherence at SOP
• Performance review of surveyor, investigator and dealers and garages
• Overseeing the distribution and monitoring of workload among claim team member to ensure maximum productivity.
Motor Underwriting • Taking care of all underwriting issue from quote preparation, scrutiny of proposal, posting of policy in the system, issuance of policy document to customer.
• Monitoring, controlling, and analysing motor underwriting of different locations in India.
• Ensuring of preparation of renewal notices, commission statements and such related items.
• Analysing renewal retention of the branch product wise on monthly basis, and giving update on the same to business development team.
• Ensuring compliance of various quality measures by maintaining requisite documentation/ records. Writing/reviewing detailed documents like process and validation protocols.
• Setting up motor underwriting guidelines for different locations and conducting analysis of loss ratio location wise, product wise and IMD wise.
• Scrutinising and analysing of TAT, Claim Frequency, Claim Size, and Premium Size through MIS.
• Managing relations with the distribution channels of the organization like Agents, Corporate Agents, Brokers, Bank Assurance.
General Motors India Pvt. Ltd, Halol, Gujarat. From May 1997 to May 2002.-Worked as Certified Team Member of Body Shop
• Checking manufacturing quality of bare body shell and repairing of defective operation.
• Assigning task to team members to meet daily production target.
• Arranging and modifying the work place organization to reduce the non-value added work.
• Balancing workload and maintaining flexibility chart of team members
• Arranging and Preparation of bare body for paint shop.
• Ensuring defect free body shell hand over to paint shop.
• Recording the frequencies of errors and defects. Resolution to minimise the error.
• Feedback for quality improvement (CIP) and problem solving
• Conducting TPM and provides tools and materials to team members
• Well familiar with production systems and different operation of manufacturing of Auto Industries.
Good Earth Organic India Limited, Ankleshwar Maintenance Engineer August 1994-May’1997
• Worked as Shift Engineer and performed in shift
• Independent in-charge of plant maintenance in shift
• Planning and execution for daily, periodic and shut down maintenance
• Ensuring smooth plant operation while in shift
• Work distribution among mechanics to timely completion of activity.
• Supervising of operation of all kinds of machine on floor area.
• Special Initiative award for quality improvement and cost saving in General Motors Co India Ltd.
• Best suggestion award for three times in Bajaj Allianz Gen Insurance Co Ltd.
• Successfully carried thousands of in-house motor survey.
• Successfully processed thousands of claims and approval of payment.
• Headed independently claims team.
Additional Responsibility-Audit Operation
• Evaluating internal control systems / procedures, preparing audit reports with a view to highlight shortcomings and implement necessary recommendations.
• Streamlining existing systems and procedures; reporting important irregularities for follow up action and rectification.
• Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s processes for controlling its activities, achieving its business objectives and managing its risks; including the potential improvements.
• Evolving and implementing corrective actions based on the audit observations and monitor/follow-up for improvement.
• Handling commercial claim as when required.
Examination Passed Discipline Board
Fellowship General Insurance Insurance Institute of India
General Insurance Insurance Institute of India
AMIE Mechanical The Institution of Engineers (India)
Diploma Mechanical Bihar State Board of Technical Education
5 days training on insurance product at IIM, Kolkata.
3 Days training on negotiation and clients handling at Hotel Hindustan International, Kolkata
Various training on TQM, TPM, root cause analysis
Claim Processing Claims Operations Claims Audit
Administration Liaison / Coordination Team Management
Well versed with MS Office and Internet Application.
Date of Birth : 10th March, 1969
Current Address : C/o Nitai Ghosh, 1/44, Ashok Nagar, Tollygunj, Kolkata-40
Location Preference : Anywhere
Linguistic Ability : English and Hindi
Current CTC : Rs.964400/-
________________________________________Interests : Reading books, ________________________________________References:
I am interested in
Career opportunities, Expertise requests
You need to be a member of GlobalRisk community to add comments!
Join GRC Inner Circle - Get Top Risk Resources, Member Support PLUS become our patron
If your organization delivers products and services that bring value to our members, you are welcome to join our partnership program.
Companies are welcome to setup a business profile page in our Multimedia Business Directory. You will get full control of the page and can include cutting edge possibilities – videos, adverts, presentations, white papers, job offers, Press Releases, product information, company blog, news feeds and more.