Learnings around Stress Testing
• Expanded Stress Testing activities are good for the business
(i.e., good risk management), and a necessary component of
an Internal Capital Adequacy Process (ICAP).
• Coordinated bank-wide stress tests need to have a consistent
starting point (or kickoff) – the agreed upon scenario (e.g., the
forecasted macro economic indicators).
• Stress Testing is a repeatable process, not a one-time project –
there needs to be a dedicated team with clear roles &
responsibilities (cutting across Treasury/Finance, Risk
Management, the LOBs, etc).
• Stress Testing needs to connect directly into Capital Planning,
Profit Planning, and Strategic Planning.
• There needs to be a focus on continuous improvement…
Editorial additions. Best practices, case studies and white papers.
1. Reporting for midsize companies: Empower your business with self-service reporting - IBM White Paper
Learn the benefits of a single reporting solution that can be used by all users, for all types of reports and with all data sources.
2. Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting Software Evaluation and Selection Guide
Use a systematic approach to select software for your planning, budgeting and forecasting needs. Read how to combine today's best practices with leading-edge technology.
3. See the Big Picture Through Bloomberg Government
Be the first to receive a FREE copy of Bloomberg Government Insider when you sign up and request a demo today.