Go ahead and use this discussion to tell the members about yourself. Who you
are and what you do...  Have fun.
So feel free to get involved and say hello to your fellow group members - we want to know more about YOU!

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HI everybody!

I am ,first, civil engineering for 26 years at construction's industry, worked in concrete's projects mainly in Dominican Republic.I am post-grade in bussine's constructions and recently finished with l'Universite  du Quebec a  Outauais ,Canada , Maestry in project management (MGP) .Also I am maestry in concrete repair.I folow all aspects of risk management because his impact within construction's industry is big,a lot of projects failed for poor risk plan management .Actually I am working at Laffiteau ,Haiti in an industry reconstruction .I have interested for establish contacts with people who works in Construction Risk Management.

I am open for establish reltions with any people in Risk Management in MGP i was very interested with all relates Risk Management.

• .....Great to read from you, Boris!.....With a new world order and re-focusing on globalisation and free enterprise.,

would one deny the essentials in restrictive trade yet defined to a compulsive necessitated economy?.......

• Hi to all my fellow members,

My name is Bill Ogilvie and I am a Managing Consultant with over 18 years experience in Business Continuity/ Crisis Management and Risk Assessment. I was formerly with Sungard Availability Services and have worked worldwide across most of the vertical sectors although my primary clients have been financial institutions. For the past 8 years I have been working mainly in the Middle East and Africa.

• Hi,

I work in the insurance business. I'm an actuary, a systemic risk manager (Gerente de Riesgo Sistémico). My responsability is to improve the way my company calculate the solvency margin. Nos just to fit the regulation but to be profitable too. This includes not only de insurance risk, also the operative risk and the market risk.

Now, I'm on a particular proyect, trying to develop a quantitative and a qualitative aplication of the Solvency II European Directive inside my company. Also I work with the national insurance asociations to improve the directives in my country, following the way of thinking about the risk, that was taken into account in the Solvency II directive.

Regards.

• Martijn Feldbrugge - introducing myself

As of 3 january 2011 I have my own business. The goal of my business is:

1. support and coach management in solving issues related to business administration;
    2. inform and coach management in the international trade and fundstransfers regarding international sanctions laws and regulations.

Go have a look on my website (http://www.bscn.nl/en/) if you want to know more on sanctions. I also provide a list of countries, listing per country what EU end US sanctions exist.

I am interested in discussing business opportunities, consultancy assignments, exchanging knowledge and IT-business alignment. I am also interested in establishing long-lasting relationships with decision makers at financial institutions as I worked in the financial industry for the last 22 years in various assignments.

I believe I can add value in the following areas; Troubleshooting, Compliance, Training, Knowledge transfer, ICT, Programm- and Projectmanagement.

• Hello everyone,

My name is Chris Lonn and I have over 28 years of risk management experience working in the banking and financial services sector. I have experience with the implementation of Basel II Accord when I was at HSBC. I elected to take early retirement in February of 2010 and have had a few consulting jobs since. I am currently looking for my next business opportunity somewhere in the Chicago area.

• Hi everyone, my name is Kenneth Brown and I am a 28 year risk professional with the CIT Group in New York City. I sit on our senior credit committee and I head our Credit Administration Department. This is a new structure for CIT and I would be interested to hear from others with responsibility for Credit Administration to see what their organizations include under the umbrella of Credit Administration.

I have been with CIT for essentially my entire career, and although I have many contacts outside of CIT, I am alwasy interested in establishing new relationships to learn new perspectives of the Financial community outside of my world.

CIT is a 100+ year old finance company that became a bank in December '08 in an effort to obtain government support during the capital markets meltdown. Unfortunately the government support proved to be insuffecitent and CIT ultimately filled for bankruptcy protection in December '09, emerging with a much improved balance sheet in January '10. Needless to say the past two years has been quite a roller coster ride, but it looks like we are past the trough.

I would love to hear other views on where everyone views the credit cycle to be, and how their regulators have worked with them during this highly unusually period.

• Hi everybody

May I direct you to my Linkedin profile http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/bill-may/16/a36/b10 . I am less interested in the acedemics of risk management than in providing pragmatic solutions to the full spectrum of risk that confronts business . I believe my company http://www.crisissurvivor.co.uk/ provides a unique approach and service within the global risk landscape which is fully scaleable and geographically transferable.

With best wishes to all.

Yours

Bill May

• Hello,

My name is Maria Trouli, I am currently employed in managing Operational Risk issues, within Global Operations at Betfair. I am also a member of IRM (SIRM), AIRMIC and risk insitutions.

• Andrey Udovitskiy, mainly IT background - worked with Financial Services/Government organizations in software sales in IBM and Oracle. Now developing Russia & CIS market with Thomson Reuters Enterprise solutions.
This reply was deleted.

[Free COVID-19 Framework] What's the path to recovery look like?

We created a free presentation (attached), which discusses both global and organizational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with critical actions organizations should take immediately. This presentation introduces a framework that helps regions and organizations navigate a path to recovery via 9 potential scenarios. These scenarios capture outcomes related to GDP impact, public health response, and economic policies. The presentation also breaks down 6 immediate and critical actions…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Steve Diaz Jul 8, 2023
Views: 204

If risk management is about decision making, are current risk management solutions irrelevant?

Now that the updated COSO and ISO risk management standards emphasize a connection to enterprise objectives and decision making, does this mean ERM and GRC solutions focused on risk registers and regulatory compliance are missing the true value of risk management?Will current risk management solutions evolve to integrate more decision support functionality or will standalone prescriptive analytics and other technology solutions take a more prominent role in enabling risk-informed…

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 129

A question related to classification of instruments between trading and banking book.

We have an interesting question from one of our members.       "We usually perform OTC FX transactions with clients backed-to-back on the market (with Banks). Now we are going to perform a FX swap (i.e. Spot + forward) JPY/EUR for the Bank account for 1 week at the longest. The purpose is to get EUR place @ CB for LCR compliance purpose (no trading purposes). Bank's Management think that this should be considered as a trading position and therefore be classified within the Bank's trading book.…

Read more…
5 Replies · Reply by Prisha Singh Dec 26, 2023
Views: 309

Plunging oil prices: curse or blessing in disguise?

The recent sudden crash of oil prices has had a major impact on the world economy, leading to many troubled faces in the international arena. The Russians fear the effects of yet another powerful hit on their economy, Venezuela seems to be considering default and the Americans are weary of the consequences for its young and emerging shale oil industry. And then you have the Middle East, where the smallest match is enough to ignite the largest fire. But are these worries really justified or…

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

Introducing the Global Risk Series - Book 1 Risk Management How Tos

Dear GlobalRisk Community member, Our community’s mission is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Learn from some of the top experts in the industry as they clearly explain how to approach the most important Risk management concepts. Check out their expert tips and use the link at the end of each article to navigate back to the website to leave your comment or ask a question.   Some of the topics include: How do you Explain Risk Appetite?  How to Prepare a…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by GlobalRiskCommunity Mar 21
Views: 888

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead