Go ahead and use this discussion to tell the members about yourself. Who you
are and what you do...  Have fun.
So feel free to get involved and say hello to your fellow group members - we want to know more about YOU!

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello to everyone,

I've joined the Global Risk Community today. I'm an entrepreneur with the passion for writing. I like on various sites a writer and freelance journalist. I am interested to contribute something for this community too.  

• Hi all, my name is Olalekan Akindele

Practising Operational risk Analyst with Stanbic IBTC Bank (Standard Bank of South Africa). I spent the first 7 years of my carrer in International Trade and Cross Border Payments with emphasis on process improvement and system deployment.

Pursuing my CFA and FRM designations, I also look to a Masters in Finance (specialization in Risk) with a couple of years. I look forward to a most enriching career relationship in the Global Risk Community.

• Hi, 

Shirish Vaidya ,currently doing actual risk handling marketing  for valuable cargo as in logistics and transportation and also launching a general insurance division for various commodities including valuables and other commodities and movable and immovable properties.

This a place where very insightful views are given on various aspects of risk management from various angles and the information is great.

• My name is Deon Binneman. I provide speaking, training and strategic management consulting services focused on Stakeholder & Reputation matters, Crisis Management & Crisis Communication & Strategic Communication issues. I work globally on these matters.

I regularly speak about the management of stakeholder reputation as an asset and the dangers of reputation risk. As you know, no organisation, person, city or country is immune from reputation damage. Through my work I sensitise management teams to have a clearer understanding of the world’s Number one risk – Reputation Risk.

I recently returned from Ghana where I facilitated a Corporate Branding Strategy workshop and I also completed a successful road show for AIG on the launch of their new range of liability products where I was the Keynote speaker on How to Plan for and Manage Successful Product Recalls.

I also recently completed a project working with the Central Energy Fund where I developed and wrote their Stakeholder Management Strategy and equipped Senior Executives with Stakeholder Management Knowledge and Skills.

Please visit my website – http://www.deonbinneman.com for tips on Stakeholder Reputation, Crisis & Organisational Behavior Change.

I would like to share with you the importance of a stakeholder grouping called communities of practice. A community of practice (can be digital) is defined as an affinity group. It is an informal network or forum where tips are exchanged and ideas generated [Thomas A. Stewart] or it can be defined as a group of professionals, informally bound to one another through exposure to a common class of problems, common pursuit of solutions, and thereby themselves embodying a store of knowledge [McKinsey & Co.].

Since we all share a common objective – Building, protecting and sustaining our organisation’s reputations amongst our stakeholder groups, I would like to invite you to join my Stakeholder Reputation Group on Linkedin - http://linkd.in/aRGqiF

Here are some other things you could do:

1. Follow me on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/deonbinneman - I tweet on reputation, strategic communication, OD and crises issues.

2. Subscribe to Powerlines – my monthly newsletter which goes to about 10000 readers worldwide. I will send you a complimentary copy of this via another mail and would appreciate feedback on the contents.

3. Circle me on me on Google Plus+ - http://bit.ly/nkhHsw as well as Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/deonbinneman

I am easy to get in touch with. E-mail me deonbin (at)icon.co.za, call me at 27 011 4753515 or Skype - deonbin, or connect with me via social networks.

Do stay in touch!

Home - Deon Binneman
    Your Reputation Matters! Not only is it your most precious asset, but it is also constantly at risk! How you Build, Sustain and Protect it is my busi…
  • Hello, I'm Bader Alyami Saudi national 35 years old. HR Manager in Telecom services company and handling : 

Recruitment

we have a comprehensive database managed by professionals to match the client’s employment requirements with the available manpower. We can offer placements in a wide range of professions and industries.

Payroll

Outsourcing payroll always free up the staff time to pursue more important value-added and revenue-generating activities. It’s one of our full package solutions to the customers, for more focusing in core business.

Training

Our training outsourcing methodology cover a lot of companies need to develop those employees. The following is a part of our capabilities:

Performance Management
    Compensation Management Succession
    Social Networking
    Rewards Management
    Career Planning
    Leadership Development

• Hi All

My name is Afroze Miah and until the end of 2013 I was working for E.ON as a project manager on their smart metering programme.  I have elected to take severance and I'm now looking for my next role in 2014.  My background is in project and risks management as well has energy regulatory compliance and policy development with substantial experience and expertise on a broad range of electricity and gas related issues right across the value chain from production to retail supply.  I intend to regular access the GRC website to keep up to date on key risk issues and contribute where I can and I'm also hoping there may be opportunities for me to find my next role in the UK!

I have a LinkedIn presence so please have a look.

• hi,

I am rudolf who want to be entrepreneur. :)

• Hello to all:

I am Geary Sikich a seasoned risk management professional who advises private and public sector executives to develop risk buffering strategies to protect their asset base. With a M.Ed. in Counseling and Guidance, my focus is human capital: what people think, who they are, what they need and how they communicate. With over 25 years in management consulting as a trusted advisor, crisis manager, senior executive and educator, I bring unprecedented value to clients worldwide.

I am well-versed in contingency planning, risk management, human resource development, “war gaming,” as well as competitive intelligence, issues analysis, global strategy and identification of transparent vulnerabilities.

I began my career as an officer in the U.S. Army after completing a BS in Criminology. As a thought leader, I leverage my skills using the tools of LinkedIn, social media and publishing to help executives in decision analysis, strategy development and risk buffering.

I have a passion for helping executives, risk managers, and contingency planning professionals leverage their brand and leadership skills by enhancing decision making skills, changing behaviors, communication styles and risk management efforts.

I am a well-known author; my books and articles are readily available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the Internet.

Connect with me if…

You are a decision maker seeking risk and contingency planning strategies development.

You are a company seeking to leverage white papers or Thought Leadership to promote your brand.

You are a contingency planning professional who wants simulations training to validate your plans and secure senior management buy in for your programs.

You are a C-level executive who wants to hone their Decision Analysis skills to create competitive advantage.

You are looking for a Leadership speaker to talk to your organization on risk management, crisis management and issues analysis.

Contact me for solutions on risk issues, contingency planning and decision analytics. Email: gsikich@logicalmanagment.com or g.sikich@att.net to address your immediate needs.

• Glad to offer details on how my background below might be useful.

Having helped two successful INC 500 international companies, clients say I am passionate about helping leaders grow their

companies rapidly profitably to become more bankable.  I have learned that there never is enough people, money, and time. 

My background includes a Stanford MBA/ Big 4 CPA and 30 years consultant helping over 200 supply chain, technology,

construction, nonprofit, and service companies internationally from SMB to middle market and INC 500 (twice).

Clients say Gary specializes in helping leaders increase profits and avoid costly problems by uncovering million dollar blind

spots to make the best business decisions, carrying out rigorous due diligence and enterprise risk management reviews, and

partnering with them on critical fiscal and financial projects.

• Henry Good Introduction. I have been involved in Risk Management from all aspects for the last 35 plus years. From running the financial side of the Asia Pacific Region of a large global multinational chemical company to heading up the worldwide insurance operations of that company. As a financial guy siting in the Risk Managers chair I was doing ERM before it even had an separate name. It was then just called "supporting the business."

Frustrating today to hear so many people talk about this new area called ERM. Talk to the Risk Manager professions (unfortunately many have now retired) and hear how their success was based on their knowledge of the business. You hear today about Risk Managers "wanting" to be a part of the internal workings of the operations but no idea how to do it. And on the other side you hear of survey results of CFO's and CEO's that wish their risk manager would be more involved in the business. And less than 30% those same CFO's and CEO's identify "knowledge of insurance" as a key component of what they are looking for -- but all rank a knowledge of the business as a requirement.

I left the Chemical company prior to its acquisition by a larger chemical company and worked for brokers for several years as a large account niche risk management consultant. Left the broker side and formed my own consulting company (Global SIRC) several years ago to work directly with risk managers. I am firmly convinced you had to have sat in the risk managers chair to be in a position to offer advice to risk managers. Too many think they know what the risk manager does and all they really know is the "insurance' side -- unfortunately not something in high demand by the CFO's and CEO's.

Currently concentrating in an area that I am quite disappointed doesn't get more coverage on this site -- Reputational Risk! Over 70% of the US Fortune 500 companies have identified this risk as their number one concern. The subject seems to get some discussions going outside the US as well. Not only is there little discussion about reputation, there is even less about the Reputational Value insurance policy which is available providing $100M for coverage for incident but also, unlike any other insurance policy out there, offers personal exculpation coverage to the Directors and Officers.

I would love to work with individuals on this site and others in the Risk Management profession to understand what "supporting the business" really means and what Reputational Value insurance (A Kiln led policy!) is all about.

Thank you and best wishes to all for a happy healthy and successful 2014 -- both professionally and personally!

This reply was deleted.

Introducing the Global Risk Series - Book 1 Risk Management How Tos

Dear GlobalRisk Community member, Our community’s mission is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Learn from some of the top experts in the industry as they clearly explain how to approach the most important Risk management concepts. Check out their expert tips and use the link at the end of each article to navigate back to the website to leave your comment or ask a question.   Some of the topics include: How do you Explain Risk Appetite?  How to Prepare a…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by GlobalRiskCommunity Mar 21
Views: 912

[Free COVID-19 Framework] What's the path to recovery look like?

We created a free presentation (attached), which discusses both global and organizational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with critical actions organizations should take immediately. This presentation introduces a framework that helps regions and organizations navigate a path to recovery via 9 potential scenarios. These scenarios capture outcomes related to GDP impact, public health response, and economic policies. The presentation also breaks down 6 immediate and critical actions…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Steve Diaz Jul 8, 2023
Views: 206

If risk management is about decision making, are current risk management solutions irrelevant?

Now that the updated COSO and ISO risk management standards emphasize a connection to enterprise objectives and decision making, does this mean ERM and GRC solutions focused on risk registers and regulatory compliance are missing the true value of risk management?Will current risk management solutions evolve to integrate more decision support functionality or will standalone prescriptive analytics and other technology solutions take a more prominent role in enabling risk-informed…

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 131

A question related to classification of instruments between trading and banking book.

We have an interesting question from one of our members.       "We usually perform OTC FX transactions with clients backed-to-back on the market (with Banks). Now we are going to perform a FX swap (i.e. Spot + forward) JPY/EUR for the Bank account for 1 week at the longest. The purpose is to get EUR place @ CB for LCR compliance purpose (no trading purposes). Bank's Management think that this should be considered as a trading position and therefore be classified within the Bank's trading book.…

Read more…
5 Replies · Reply by Prisha Singh Dec 26, 2023
Views: 315

Plunging oil prices: curse or blessing in disguise?

The recent sudden crash of oil prices has had a major impact on the world economy, leading to many troubled faces in the international arena. The Russians fear the effects of yet another powerful hit on their economy, Venezuela seems to be considering default and the Americans are weary of the consequences for its young and emerging shale oil industry. And then you have the Middle East, where the smallest match is enough to ignite the largest fire. But are these worries really justified or…

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead