Go ahead and use this discussion to tell the members about yourself. Who you
are and what you do...  Have fun.
So feel free to get involved and say hello to your fellow group members - we want to know more about YOU!

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi everyone

Intro: I have more than 20 years' experience in the financial derivatives markets. I run my own financial engineering consultancy called Financial Chaos Theory (http://www.quantonline.co.za). We are independent derivatives pricing experts. The company is now 10 years old and we just helped the South African Central Counterparty (CCP) in quantifying and setting up a new default fund. This CCP is now fully compliant with the CPSS-IOSCO principles. We understand the challenges facing developing capital markets and we are open in gaining new clients with financial engineering needs. I am keeping close ties with some universities and am also still an active academic researcher. Find my research at www.researchgate.net and www.academia.edu and www.ssrn.com.

Independent financial engineering consultant experts
    Financial Chaos Theory: independent financial derivatives training, pricing and model validation experts. We solve all financial engineering problems
  • Hello again,

After my submission in the 2012 almanac on the instability of housing finance I find an urgent need to draw attention to the instability of government bonds as an asset.

The banking system in the low inflation / low interest rate economies is extremely vulnerable because the assets that they hold are vulnerable to any increase in interest rates as witnessed by the market reaction to the Japanese QE aimed at raising inflation (and interest rates inevitably), and the market response to the Fed's hints at easing QE.

I am therefore drawn to mentioning the urgent need to reform debt structures if we are to find a safe exit from low interest rates. Without that safe exit there is only a wall of fire awaiting those economies as rising interest rates inevitably bring the whole structure crashing down.

My take on the solution to this can be found in my blogs starting with this one:

http://ingram-school-illustrations.blogspot.com/

INGRAM SCHOOL ILLUSTRATIONS
    Ingram School Library for public discussions and illustrations, Wealth Bonds. AEG, True Interest, Ingram's Risk Management Chart, Ingram's Equation,
  • Hi all,

I recently left the corporate world to explore the opportunities of consulting. My background is in financial markets, specifically risk and operations with specialities in business continuity, strategic planning and change. I have build relationships with the large consulting houses as well as developing links of my own, the idea being that I can outsource my skills and IP to those who need them.

My view is that many corporates think they know what they need and only realise what is missing when something happens. Very few are smart enough to plan for the less obvious events and many do not invest in their future to prevent inherent risks in under investment.

Having been on the inside and now moving to the outside, my insights are relevant to corporates, a term that is often the reason for consultants not making inroads into corporates........they arent always believable.

• Brief introduction about myself

Belgium (Brussels)

Hands-on Credit Manager with strong commercial background

Recovering payments and improving operational efficiency have been my goals as a management professional. Educated in credit management, and possessing more than a decade of experience in credit and collections activities in diverse industries, including manufacturing, logistics and consulting firms, I consistently deliver outstanding results.

A dedicated team player and people manager, I enhance employee development with training and mentoring. An excellent negotiator, I reduce costs and obtain the most favorable terms from outside vendors and other third parties. Skilled at interacting with customers, staff and management, I communicate clearly and effectively to build relationships and provide accurate information.

Willing to go beyond expectations to enhance your organization’s operations, I establish metrics to measure success and devise strategies to streamline operations. An analytical thinker, I identify problems and devise creative solutions, permitting your organization to exploit opportunities for growth.

Highlights of my accomplishments include:

• Assisted with recovery of 94% of company debts through negotiations with third parties, as integration manager during the absorption of Topcom assets by Tristar.
    • Tapped by bankruptcy court and administrators to maintain Topcom’s continuing operations during bankruptcy procedures, with power to make independent decision. 
    • Lowered DSO from 122 to 69 days as credit manager at Topcom.
    • Reduced expenses by €50,000 with new vendor contracts.
    • Realized 6% cost savings on logistics operating budget of €1.2 million, as group logistics manager at Topcom.
    • Delivered efficient logistics and warehouse operations within budget constraints.
    • Signed high profile clients, including Volkswagen and ECS, as business development manager at collections consulting firm AAA Solutions.
    • Spearheaded effort to consolidate collection operations in single operational center, as credit management supervisor at DHL.
    • Conducted workshops for collection agents and sales teams to increase performance at DHL.
    • Repeatedly recognized by senior management for sharply reducing DSO for Belgian accounts and mitigating customer problems at DHL.
    • Develop and implement company credit policy for Belgium and Luxembourg, at DHL and ISS.
    • Fluent in Dutch, English, French and German. Trained in First Aid by the Red Cross.

I am confident that my expertise can generate great value for many organizations. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and experience, please review my LinkedIn profile and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank your for your consideration. I look forward to your call.

Sincerely,

Piet Jaspers

• Richard Colligan, Ph.D. here. Nice to know all of you. 

Senior Proposal Manager/Director with over 20 years of proposal development experience: Managed a 70-person Proposal Center of Excellence for McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft Corp. Long Beach, CA. Managed $500 million – $Billion proposals 

• Performed proposal work for major companies in the area, including Large, Small, Small & Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), 8(a), Hubzone, EDWOB, and Service-Disabled Veteran- Owned Businesses (SDVOB).
    • Marketed to most of the Government agencies, military establishments                                                               

the DoD, as well as, DISA NSA, NASA, DHS, FEMA, Coast Guard, CMS etc.    (Navy Retirement)

• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the preparation and delivery of ‘Award-Winning” proposals. Also, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), CM, Quality Assurance, Cyber Security, and Risk Management.                                                                            

Took the “Shipley Associates” and “Hi Silverman” Proposal Development courses.

• Taught management courses in the California University System including Program/project Management, Proposal Development, Principles of Logistics Management, Configuration Management (CM), and Technical Communications.
    • A Consultative Trainer and Facilitator (Coach) during the implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM) at McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft Co., Long Beach, CA (over a 3-year period).
    • Extensive Integrated Logistic Support experience; was a senior member of the Society of Logistic Engineers (SOLE), took the Certified Professional Logistician (CPL) Exam.
      • Very familiar with FAR/DFAR, GSA Schedules and the Small Business Administration (SBA).
      • Wrote GSA Schedules including the 70 Series, Log World, PES, MOBIS/FABS for several small companies. Worked with the Navy’s Seaport-e, and, the NIH NITAAC CIO SP-2/2i, -3.

Through knowledge of narrative and oral proposal processes through Shipley:

•   Capture   Strategy and Plans,
    •   Proposal Schedules and milestones,
    •   Proposal Management Plan,
      •   Storyboards, River Raft, and Hybrid Proposals,
      •   Outline development with page requirement   allocations and assignments,
      •   JIT Modular Proposal Development Training (VPM’s,   PLUM’s, 1st Draft),
      •   Page Layout Techniques,
      •   Color reviews
      •   Topical Module Development,
      •   Value Proposition Modules,
      •   Take-Away Messages/Two-Part Action Captions,
      •   Win Strategy and Theme Development,
      •   Discriminators, Ghosts, Features, Advantages, and   Benefits,
      •   Black Hat, Blue, Pink, Red, Gold Team Reviews,
      •   SWAT, and Gap Analysis,
      •   Unique Reformative Boilerplate,
      •   Formatted Resumes,
      •   Selective    Past Performance,
      •   Winning WRAP Rates,
      •   Global Proposal Library/dictionary
      •   Proposal Databases/Desktop Publishing
  • Hi Everyone,

I am Paul van Nieuwenhuizen, and I am working in the Pharmaceutical Industry with 25+ years experience. I have worked in Manufacturing and Quality Assurance during this time. I am currently with one of the top 5 Global Pharma companies based in Singapore.

I oversee the Quality Operations for Marketing companies and in-market Logistics Quality risks in an Asia Pacific role.

My main interests are Pharmaceutical quality risk management linked with supply chain risk management.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Regards

Paul

• Greetings fellow members. I am Anthony Eaton of InLaw LLP., an international law alliance based in London and operating since 1961 a a partnership and becoming a Limited Liability Partnership in 2003. We are particularly involved in private international law, contract, trust and foundation law and risk, anti-corruption/fraud and money-laundering. We have a multi-disciplinary group in London and I have lived and worked in the USA (1972/1980) the Turks and Caicos Islands (1980/1983) and again in the USA (1983/1988). 

Through professional memberships we have close relationships with locally qualified practitioners in 187 nations and have had considerable experience of holding a "watching brief" for clients working in multiple jurisdictions.

This organization provides a major forum for discussions which have very considerable bearing on multi-national business and I am happy to belong.

• Richard D. Colligan, Ph.D. 

Senior Proposal Manager/Director with over 20 years of proposal development experience:

Managed a 70-person Proposal Center of Excellence for McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft Corp. Long Beach, CA. Managed $500 million – $Billion proposals 

• Performed proposal work for major companies in the area, including Large, Small, Small & Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), 8(a), Hubzone, EDWOB, and Service-Disabled Veteran- Owned Businesses (SDVOB).
    • Marketed to most of the Government agencies, military establishments the DoD, as well as, DISA NSA, NASA, DHS, FEMA, Coast Guard, CMS etc.                                               

Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the preparation and delivery of ‘Award-Winning” proposals. Also, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), CM, Quality Assurance, Cyber Security, and Risk Management.                                                                            

Took the “Shipley Associates” and “Hi Silverman” Proposal Development courses.

• Taught management courses in the California University System including Program/project Management, Proposal Development, Principles of Logistics Management, Configuration Management (CM), and Technical Communications.
    • A Consultative Trainer and Facilitator (Coach) during the implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM) at McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft Co., Long Beach, CA (over a 3-year period).
    • Extensive Integrated Logistic Support experience; was a senior member of the Society of Logistic Engineers (SOLE), took the Certified Professional Logistician (CPL) Exam.
      • Very familiar with FAR/DFAR, GSA Schedules and the Small Business Administration (SBA).
      • Wrote GSA Schedules including the 70 Series, Log World, PES, MOBIS/FABS for several small companies. Worked with the Navy’s Seaport-e, and, the NIH NITAAC CIO SP-2/2i, -3.

Through knowledge of narrative and oral proposal processes through Shipley:

•   Capture   Strategy and Plans,
    •   Proposal Schedules and milestones,
    •   Proposal Management Plan,
      •   Storyboards, River Raft, and Hybrid Proposals,
      •   Outline development with page requirement   allocations and assignments,
      •   JIT Modular Proposal Development Training (VPM’s,   PLUM’s, 1st Draft),
      •   Page Layout Techniques,
      •   Color reviews
      •   Topical Module Development,
      •   Value Proposition Modules,
      •   Take-Away Messages/Two-Part Action Captions,
      •   Win Strategy and Theme Development,
      •   Discriminators, Ghosts, Features, Advantages, and   Benefits,
      •   Black Hat, Blue, Pink, Red, Gold Team Reviews,
      •   SWAT, and Gap Analysis,
      •   Unique Reformative Boilerplate,
      •   Formatted Resumes,
      •   Selective    Past Performance,
      •   Winning WRAP Rates,
      •   Global Proposal Library/dictionary
      •   Proposal Databases/Desktop Publishing
  • Hi GRC-member,

I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to briefly introduce myself to the Global Risk Community members.

I started my career in developing business control procedures in the banking field. In discussing my work with EDP-auditors I got involved in IT-security. This triggered my appetite for development of expertise in IT, network and financial risk. The world of financial services became the front runner industry on risk awareness and risk control.

As BCBS introduced the Basle risk framework (later: Basle I), and banking risk more and more aroused my interest. The Basle II, Basle III as well as the Solvency initiatives have strengthened my interest. After I got deeply involved in finance matters (within and outside financial services) I broadened my scope to (financial) reporting and risk.

I worked on several of these subjects and succesfully implemented supporting processes.

I am always interested in discussing new developments in risk management, compliance and reporting. If you experience difficulties in implementing or managing risk, you might want to connect. Jobs or business opportunities may result from this.

• Hello all,

My name is Lisa and I am the proud owner of The Staff Room in Canada. We are a full HR management service firm. We are like a remote HR department which keeps your costs down. We do everything from recruiting to WSIB cost saving on your NEER to policies and Health and safety to legal advise on offer letters and terminations....We are your number 1 HR management full service source!

We offer a one hour HR consultation to see where and if we can help you. We are about helping you save money and not spend where you don't need to. We pride ourselves on quality and honesty.

www.the-staffroom.com

thestaffroom1 is our tweeter..

Let us know what you think - our website is currently undergoing a full revamping..so please be patient on this.

This reply was deleted.

Introducing the Global Risk Series - Book 1 Risk Management How Tos

Dear GlobalRisk Community member, Our community’s mission is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Learn from some of the top experts in the industry as they clearly explain how to approach the most important Risk management concepts. Check out their expert tips and use the link at the end of each article to navigate back to the website to leave your comment or ask a question.   Some of the topics include: How do you Explain Risk Appetite?  How to Prepare a…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by GlobalRiskCommunity Mar 21
Views: 912

[Free COVID-19 Framework] What's the path to recovery look like?

We created a free presentation (attached), which discusses both global and organizational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with critical actions organizations should take immediately. This presentation introduces a framework that helps regions and organizations navigate a path to recovery via 9 potential scenarios. These scenarios capture outcomes related to GDP impact, public health response, and economic policies. The presentation also breaks down 6 immediate and critical actions…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Steve Diaz Jul 8, 2023
Views: 206

If risk management is about decision making, are current risk management solutions irrelevant?

Now that the updated COSO and ISO risk management standards emphasize a connection to enterprise objectives and decision making, does this mean ERM and GRC solutions focused on risk registers and regulatory compliance are missing the true value of risk management?Will current risk management solutions evolve to integrate more decision support functionality or will standalone prescriptive analytics and other technology solutions take a more prominent role in enabling risk-informed…

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 131

A question related to classification of instruments between trading and banking book.

We have an interesting question from one of our members.       "We usually perform OTC FX transactions with clients backed-to-back on the market (with Banks). Now we are going to perform a FX swap (i.e. Spot + forward) JPY/EUR for the Bank account for 1 week at the longest. The purpose is to get EUR place @ CB for LCR compliance purpose (no trading purposes). Bank's Management think that this should be considered as a trading position and therefore be classified within the Bank's trading book.…

Read more…
5 Replies · Reply by Prisha Singh Dec 26, 2023
Views: 315

Plunging oil prices: curse or blessing in disguise?

The recent sudden crash of oil prices has had a major impact on the world economy, leading to many troubled faces in the international arena. The Russians fear the effects of yet another powerful hit on their economy, Venezuela seems to be considering default and the Americans are weary of the consequences for its young and emerging shale oil industry. And then you have the Middle East, where the smallest match is enough to ignite the largest fire. But are these worries really justified or…

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead