Go ahead and use this discussion to tell the members about yourself. Who you
are and what you do...  Have fun.
So feel free to get involved and say hello to your fellow group members - we want to know more about YOU!

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was in security transportation of valuables now into general insurance broking.

• Hello everybody

I am Anil Ajmera Heading Risk Management and Internal Audit Department of chemical manufacturing company name VVF India Limited
  • Hi everyone,

I come from technology related industries (IT, Telecom, ITES, ...).

I graduated from delivery to quality to consulting to risk and related areas over a period of 18+ years. I have experience implementing within Fortune 100 and consulting to similar companies in the broader GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) areas. These include BCP and DR also.

I am now focusing on consulting as an external consultant in the same and adjacent areas.

Looking forward to contributing and learning from this community....

regds

Gowri S Ramani

• Hello everyone!  My name is Mike.  I am currently attending Colorado Technical University - Online.  I am in the BSIT degree program with 2 major concentrations - 1) Systems Security and 2) Project Management.  I am registered with ITU and I am taking a course for the PMI-PRM certification.  I have also attended the brick and mortar facility of the Univ of Cincinnati - I completed 3 yrs work in 2 yrs.  Prior to that, I attained my AS degree from Georgia Perimeter College with a concentration in Instructional Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation.  I served in the US Army as a Computer Repair Technician/Trainer/Manager.  When I left the military, I became involved with Industrial maintenance as a journeyman electrician.  I worked in a grey ductile iron factory, at a copper rod mill factory, and at an automotive brake parts (for GM) manufacturing plant.  My plant was shutdown in June of 2008.  I spent 1 whole year seeking gainful employment with no avail - then, I started my own business.  The business plan, startup, and early sales went well - then, the economy caught up with me and I had to file bankruptcy in Oct of 2010.  However, I managed to make a decision that if I wanted a job, then I needed to change careers and obtain new marketable job skills that would be needed by the time I graduate in June of 2015.  Upon graduation, I am scheduled to attend a 3 month training and certification course for the CISSP certification.  My military background has prepared me very well in the terms of physical security and has conditioned me to take security very seriously.  My overseas assignments has also allowed me to better understand the diverse cultural differences.  My children grew up going to schools in West Germany and also in West Berlin. I have had some very unique and unusual assignments during my 22 1/2 year military career. I retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 3 when I was only 40 yrs old.  And yes, I am a Viet Nam combat veteran 69 - 70.  I will be 64 years young next month and I still have a lot of ambition to strive to be at my best.  I am currently maintaining a 3.93 GPA with only 5 more classes to attend before I graduate.  At this rate, I shall graduate with the Summa Cum Laude honors.  I am a student member of ACM, ASQ, and PMI.  I have 5 career passions: - 1) security, 2) safety, 3) quality, 4) training, and 5) Project Management.  I don't believe in the word can't and I'm not careless by taking shortcuts.  I am very innovative and clearly think outside of the box.  I am inspired by success stories and stories of caring and giving back to the community.  I do my due diligence, research my information database, then form an intelligent opinion on controversial issues.  I am also a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Human Relations and Development course based on the ideals of Carnegie's book on, "How to win friends and influence people."  I am process and object oriented in my problem solving approach to finding a feasible working solution to a problem or to a need.  If there is a will - then, there's a way.  If someone made it - I can fix it.  And again, I don't believe in the word can't!!!

• Imran umar is a freelance writer who invest much time and energy in research and finding solutions to community ailments hence he went on to read Information Technology after getting a diploma certificate in mass communication so as to add upon his writing skills and get more ideas.

Since 2010 he has been creativity bringing new technologies that would booster certain section of life including medical,education,networking,sports,business and many others. Today he has come up with a few resources that will help those sectors and will like to share his work with a reputable company that deals with such tools for community growth and prosper

Below are some terms of Imran umar for you to go through

Imran umar may be hired to work in any company that is having passion for their employees and community as a whole

Contact info

E-mail:destinynicks@yahoo.com

Telephone-09092547904,08020769885

• Hello, I am Christopher Paris, founder of Oxebridge, an ISO consulting firm. My expertise is quality management, not risk management, and I say that because I understand the difference. As an advocate for standards users, my concerns lie with the development of international standards (such as ISO 9001, ISO 31000, etc.) and the surrounding certification schemes.

My clients have included large firms such as Northrup, Lufthansa and SpaceX, to more than 200 SME's in various industries.

I have been writing about these matters for over a decade, and my views are often shared by standards users, but not so much among standards developers and certification bodies. This is because I am pushing for major reforms of both those aspects.

I will be posting some opinion pieces here specifically regarding ISO's new-found interest in risk management, which I feel is driven more by a need to stay relevant rather than by an actual understanding of the field. Specifically, I want to discuss what I view as the disastrous rollout of "risk-based thinking" in the upcoming ISO 9001:2015 standard, which most professional risk managers view as nonsense.

Thanks for having me.

• Hello all,

I am a Career Banker with working experience with Union Bank of Nigeria PLC (Mar 2009-Feb 2012) and First Bank of Nigeria Ltd (Feb 2012-Sept 2013). I possess approximately a total of seven (7) solid years working experience - approximately five (5) years professional banking experience, with work experience mostly in Banking Operations and in Business development, a year plus experience in the Financial Services Sector (Bureau de Change - FX), and a year of Teaching experience during my National Youth Services Corps Scheme (Nigeria). I hold two Masters Degrees, one in Banking and Finance (MBF), the other in Islamic Banking and Finance (MIBF), a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Sociology and Anthropology, requisite computer certification on basic skills, and I am currently an affiliate member of the Professional Risk Managers' International Association PRMIA, a Member of the Global Risk Community GRC, a member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN - Student Member), and have been Certified as a Professional of Human Resources Management. I have a very good knowledge of Banking Methods and Processes, Core Banking Operations, Bank Lending and Credit Administration, Monetary Theory and Policy, Financial Theory and Management, Banking Laws and Regulations, Securities Markets and Portfolio Theory, Future Markets, Quantitative Techniques in Banking and Finance, and adept knowledge of Financial Institutions, Islamic Finance and Managerial Economics. I also possess a research experience in Credit and Risk Management (specifically on Consequences of Bad Debt) from my Thesis during my Masters Degree Programme in Banking and Finance (MBF), as well as research experience in Regulation and Supervision of Islamic Banks from my thesis during my second Masters Degree Programme in Islamic Banking and Finance (MIBF). I have been trained along several lines throughout my Professional Banking Career in areas which include Branch Operations, International Operations, Treasury Management, Customer Service, Product Management, Information Security, and several other areas. I have performed and excelled at several functions throughout my Professional Banking Career, working in various capacities in Banking Operations and Business Development handling mostly supervisory and leadership roles, heading all strategic units in Branch Operations till my resignation from my last employer, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd in September 2013.

Ibrahim ibn Ahmed, B.Sc. (Unimaid Ng, 2007), MBF (BUK Ng, 2011), MIBF (BUK Ng, 2014), CPHRM (CHCPD UK, 2014)
    Career Banker, Sociologist, Anthropologist, Member of Global Risk Community GRC, Affiliate Member of Professional Risk Managers International Association PRMIA.
    Kano, Nigeria.
  • Hi

My name is Madline Furrer-Mensah. I am a young risk professional currently working as a risk officer at the Enterprise Risk Management Office of the Central Bank of Ghana(West Africa). I also double as the assistant to the AML officer in the same organisation. I am a chartered banker with 5 years experience in retail banking and compliance. I graduated from the Glasgow Caledonian University, UK in 2013 with an Msc Risk Management. The concept of Risk Management is relatively new in my country I am therefore happy to belong to a group with members who have decades of experience in Risk Management. I look forward to learning from other members and to share my little experience. I am also interested in career opportunities which will help enrich my experience.

• I am experienced and creative leader in employment creation, education, skill development and innovation and vocation skill training charity leader of a well established strong client based frontline growing charity in the UK since 2006, with a wide range of management and influencing skills, strong personal networks and strong personal integrity. Engaged with all aspects of both volunteering and paid work charity work-from youth work/Resources centre Officer-supervised contact work.  At present working towards establishing an education and training centre in Nigeria. During my career, I have worked in BoE/local Councils/national organisations and local organisation ranging from small local charity working with limited paid resources and relying on volunteers to deliver services with a workforce of 4 staff supported by 3 active volunteers and growing. 

We are looking to collaborate/partner with other global education and employment organisation on skills beyond school which is critical to economic growth and social well-being with focus on 21st century technology based employment skill needs.

• Brief Profile - Sunil B. Kapadia [Mob: +91-9326197851]

Customer Service Management [Investments & Finance, Civil Projects, Quality conduct and Performance Standards] 

Objective: To contribute my mite to the society wherefrom I emerged in reciprocating to what I have received, God willing.

1)      From Dec. 2002: Running consultancy and advising clients in matters of Financial Planning, Wealth management, Investments, Insurance, Personal Income-tax and providing related financial services.

2)      From 2009:  Evaluating and review for Quality conduct, Performance Standards for Business/Institutions encompassing core values and concepts. Made an independent evaluation, submitted feedback report with fellow team members for three educational institutions, one Infrastructure company and two Manufacturing companies.  Also made an “Online Assessment for Process Improvement” for seven BFSI, four ITES (BPO/KPO), one each for Telecom, Logistics and Healthcare companies (services segment), and provided feedback.

3)      From August, 1993 to December, 2002:

In charge of a team managed Industrial/Civil/ Infrastructure/Hospital/Multiplex /Refinery/Hotel/Pipeline projects (worth INR: 3150 million) from finance & costs aspects. Arranged funds for Working capital from banks, coordinated for a Public-cum-Rights issue, Term loan from State institutions.   Supervised Profit & Loss account, Balance sheet, Internal audit, Budget, MIS, Cash-flow, etc.

EMPANELLED: The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), GOI has empanelled me as “Resource Person” to conduct Investor Awareness program on “Financial Literacy” in Feb-2014. I have conducted two such sessions during June and July, 2014.

RESEARCH PAPER:

Presented a paper on “Financial Situation of Indian Economy-Challenges & Opportunities” at International Conference on Business & Finance, IBS-Hyderabad, on 9-10 January, 2014.

2) Presented a paper on “Portfolio Management and Mutual Fund” at International Conference on Finance & Accounting, SDMIMD-Mysore, on 22-23 August, 2014.

TECHNICAL PAPER-cum-Project:

Detailed report on “Investment Opportunities, Effective Rate of Return, (with Income-Tax impact)” presented at The University of Pune (Department of Management Science) on 19-Nov-2013.

I have done MBA-Finance from Pune University and PG Financial Management diploma from Mumbai University.  Further, I have undergone various Licentiate courses on: Personal Financial Advisor, Insurance, Mutual Fund, Capital Markets, Service tax. Integrated Management Systems (ISO), and Six Sigma (Green belt).  I stay in Pune. My hobby includes: Reading professional literature, listening to music and traveling through rural India. 

This reply was deleted.

Introducing the Global Risk Series - Book 1 Risk Management How Tos

Dear GlobalRisk Community member, Our community’s mission is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Learn from some of the top experts in the industry as they clearly explain how to approach the most important Risk management concepts. Check out their expert tips and use the link at the end of each article to navigate back to the website to leave your comment or ask a question.   Some of the topics include: How do you Explain Risk Appetite?  How to Prepare a…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by GlobalRiskCommunity Mar 21
Views: 912

[Free COVID-19 Framework] What's the path to recovery look like?

We created a free presentation (attached), which discusses both global and organizational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with critical actions organizations should take immediately. This presentation introduces a framework that helps regions and organizations navigate a path to recovery via 9 potential scenarios. These scenarios capture outcomes related to GDP impact, public health response, and economic policies. The presentation also breaks down 6 immediate and critical actions…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Steve Diaz Jul 8, 2023
Views: 206

If risk management is about decision making, are current risk management solutions irrelevant?

Now that the updated COSO and ISO risk management standards emphasize a connection to enterprise objectives and decision making, does this mean ERM and GRC solutions focused on risk registers and regulatory compliance are missing the true value of risk management?Will current risk management solutions evolve to integrate more decision support functionality or will standalone prescriptive analytics and other technology solutions take a more prominent role in enabling risk-informed…

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 131

A question related to classification of instruments between trading and banking book.

We have an interesting question from one of our members.       "We usually perform OTC FX transactions with clients backed-to-back on the market (with Banks). Now we are going to perform a FX swap (i.e. Spot + forward) JPY/EUR for the Bank account for 1 week at the longest. The purpose is to get EUR place @ CB for LCR compliance purpose (no trading purposes). Bank's Management think that this should be considered as a trading position and therefore be classified within the Bank's trading book.…

Read more…
5 Replies · Reply by Prisha Singh Dec 26, 2023
Views: 315

Plunging oil prices: curse or blessing in disguise?

The recent sudden crash of oil prices has had a major impact on the world economy, leading to many troubled faces in the international arena. The Russians fear the effects of yet another powerful hit on their economy, Venezuela seems to be considering default and the Americans are weary of the consequences for its young and emerging shale oil industry. And then you have the Middle East, where the smallest match is enough to ignite the largest fire. But are these worries really justified or…

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead