It has been 3 years since the launch of the GlobalRisk Community site in February 2010 and now is a good time to share our best content with you, presented in the form of an Almanac.

After reaching the mark of over 14,000 members, 1000 blog posts and discussions, I’m proud to present the GlobalRisk Community Almanac containing the very best of our content.

Is our current economic crisis just an accident on the road to prosperity and was it impossible to prevent by ordinary people and professionals? Many say yes. I say no!

I believe that this is the right time to get serious about preventing the next crisis and start participating, networking, sharing and contributing to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Selecting the material for the Almanac was a very daunting task. Unfortunately we were not able to select all articles for that would have made the e-book over 1,000 pages long.

We only selected those articles that have been placed entirely on our platform without linking to other source. Nonetheless we ended up with many hundreds of suitable pages.

The almanac is divided into chapters that present the most important topics affecting our community.

I believe that more specialized reports will follow on each of the important topics. 

Click here  to download the Almanac

Questions:

• What is working well that our community should keep doing?
  • What would you like to see our Community start doing or stop doing to be more effective?

Please make your comments in the comments box below and don't forget to share the Almanac with your friends and colleagues. 

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Boris I am delighted to see my contribution still there at the top of the list.

I am hoping to publish the book before Xmas.

The title:

Restarting Economics with New Architecture.

The new architecture is things like that new model / system for mortgage finance,as outlined in your almanac, another for government and another for commercial finance. Then I go on to replace the interest rate instrument with an accurate way to keep a grip on the money supply so that interest rates do what they are supposed to do - balance the supply with the demand. Finally I look at the architecture of currency pricing - and I strip out the input from international investment whilst still allowing it to take place via another route. That leaves the price of the currency to create a balance of trade. It also elimiates currency wars.

The theme seems to be that pricing in borrowing, in interest rates, and in currencies are all constantly being distorted - balancing something other than what they are supposed to be balancing. To correct this a new architecture is needed. The result is that prices will stop trying to impose incorrect (un)balances onto the economies of the world, some of them severe and devastating; and we will all be better off for that.

I conclude that thenceforth, after these changes have been made, everything financial will be less risky, cheaper for that reason, and that people will not have to continually alter their financial plans to avoid being robbed of their origianl plan, or destroyed accidentally in this way, nor robbed of their wealth.

• great idea, and a very nice way to share the content with non risk guys we work with, Thanks!

• I am barely 2 months in the community but I have learnt so much already. I want to sincerely thank everyone for this irreplaceable source if information.
  • May I say well done for the job so far,keep the flag flying.

• A hugh milestone and great salutations to you and your team and the Global Risk Community. I only see great things to come and many many more years of great contributions from this Global Community.

A truly proud coomunity to be a part of , thank you Boris!

Regards

Vijay Poobathy

• Congratulations on the 3 year anniversary of the Global Risk Community!  The Almanac and the growth in membership is testament to a thriving risk management community and the leadership you have shown. 

Keep it going for many years to come!

Regards,

James Bone

This reply was deleted.

[Free COVID-19 Framework] What's the path to recovery look like?

We created a free presentation (attached), which discusses both global and organizational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with critical actions organizations should take immediately. This presentation introduces a framework that helps regions and organizations navigate a path to recovery via 9 potential scenarios. These scenarios capture outcomes related to GDP impact, public health response, and economic policies. The presentation also breaks down 6 immediate and critical actions…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Steve Diaz Jul 8, 2023
Views: 204

If risk management is about decision making, are current risk management solutions irrelevant?

Now that the updated COSO and ISO risk management standards emphasize a connection to enterprise objectives and decision making, does this mean ERM and GRC solutions focused on risk registers and regulatory compliance are missing the true value of risk management?Will current risk management solutions evolve to integrate more decision support functionality or will standalone prescriptive analytics and other technology solutions take a more prominent role in enabling risk-informed…

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 129

A question related to classification of instruments between trading and banking book.

We have an interesting question from one of our members.       "We usually perform OTC FX transactions with clients backed-to-back on the market (with Banks). Now we are going to perform a FX swap (i.e. Spot + forward) JPY/EUR for the Bank account for 1 week at the longest. The purpose is to get EUR place @ CB for LCR compliance purpose (no trading purposes). Bank's Management think that this should be considered as a trading position and therefore be classified within the Bank's trading book.…

Read more…
5 Replies · Reply by Prisha Singh Dec 26, 2023
Views: 310

Plunging oil prices: curse or blessing in disguise?

The recent sudden crash of oil prices has had a major impact on the world economy, leading to many troubled faces in the international arena. The Russians fear the effects of yet another powerful hit on their economy, Venezuela seems to be considering default and the Americans are weary of the consequences for its young and emerging shale oil industry. And then you have the Middle East, where the smallest match is enough to ignite the largest fire. But are these worries really justified or…

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

Introducing the Global Risk Series - Book 1 Risk Management How Tos

Dear GlobalRisk Community member, Our community’s mission is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Learn from some of the top experts in the industry as they clearly explain how to approach the most important Risk management concepts. Check out their expert tips and use the link at the end of each article to navigate back to the website to leave your comment or ask a question.   Some of the topics include: How do you Explain Risk Appetite?  How to Prepare a…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by GlobalRiskCommunity Mar 21
Views: 889

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead