Introduction

Dear all,

Thank you for joining the India community. As a first step I think the members should collectively define the vision, mission, scope and objectives of the community. The members may think of addressing the following questions:

1)  How does this community provide value addition to me professionally?

2)  What activities should be undertaken to obtain the value?

3) What value addition can the members provide the Globalrisk Community as a whole?

4) What kind of road map are we looking at?

5) Which are the areas which we should be focusing on?

To start with, I have put a picture of Taj Mahal for group identification. I welcome you suggestions regarding the logo of the group and the abovementioned points.

Please share your views as we are still in the planning stage and we would like to put the building blocks together.

Opening the session for some brainstorming :).

Sonia

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good day everyone,

My name is Nihal Peter Moraes and I'm a Marine Engineering Officer who's looking to make a switch to the Risk management workplace while still being involved in the shipping field. I would appreciate any advice I could glean from the well experienced members out here.

Much appreciate it.

Regards,
    Nihal.
  • Nagesh,

I think 13-14 Nov will be a good time, as it gives people who wish to come from outside some time. Also, a few more members will be able to join in.

Any one has a conference room in their personal office, which we can use for a Saturday. We could then spend some good time there, instead of a hotel. And we can share the cost of the meal, like ordering Pizzas or something. Maybe start at 10-11 am, and finish by 3-4 pm. That will give us 4-5 hours of work time to discuss many things and consider everybodies viewpoints.

We can have some more ideas added, to what have been presented here.

What do you all say?

Sonia
  • Thanks Sonia, it may be best to avoid the Diwali weekend as many people would be visiting places and other wise busy.

Perhaps Nov 13-14 would be good idea.

Regards
    Nagesh

Sonia Jaspal said:
    Hi Prof Subramanian,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Well, Taj is something which is synonmous of India for its talent, beauty and longivity. So I hoped, we will be able to inculcate those traits in the group.

I read your post in the F2F meeting, I think it will be a good idea is we have it on 7 November ( 6 Novemeber no one will be able to make it right after Diwali night) or on 13-14 Novemeber. If some members come in from other locations, as you and some others are suggesting, it will be great. We can then maybe spend a constructive 3-4 hours to develop the baseline strategy.

I checked your organization ACMFI site, looks an interesting concept. If you would like to discuss it offline please send me an email at jaspal.sonia1@gmail.com. Maybe we can work on a blogpost for it, to create more visibility.

Kind regards,

Sonia
  • Hi Prof Subramanian,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Well, Taj is something which is synonmous of India for its talent, beauty and longivity. So I hoped, we will be able to inculcate those traits in the group.

I read your post in the F2F meeting, I think it will be a good idea is we have it on 7 November ( 6 Novemeber no one will be able to make it right after Diwali night) or on 13-14 Novemeber. If some members come in from other locations, as you and some others are suggesting, it will be great. We can then maybe spend a constructive 3-4 hours to develop the baseline strategy.

I checked your organization ACMFI site, looks an interesting concept. If you would like to discuss it offline please send me an email at jaspal.sonia1@gmail.com. Maybe we can work on a blogpost for it, to create more visibility.

Kind regards,

Sonia
  • Hi, Sonia..Hearty Greets..
    Great thoughtful leadership role is clearly visible in your posts.. waav, Taj as logo..a great idea for 'Risk' professionals.
    Taj represents 'Love' with Risks and ignored only at 'Peril'..
    Stands tall even today despite pollution threats and social, political and other environmental Risks..
    Sonia, you have conceived and laid foundation for this Risk Station.. Also sounded the whistle. Let us be on the move..
    Best wishes, regards and love
    Prof.S.Subramanian@65
    Chairman, ACMFI
    (www.acmfi.org)
  • I received some very good suggestions from Virendar Koul while discussing the way forward for the community. I have taken the liberty to post them here, so that all members can benefit and respond to the same.

Here is an extract of the conversation-

1. Set clear objectives in terms of what this forum is attempting to aim at and provide. I would like to hear from you all on this.
    2. Build a Risk Management consortium. We conduct 6-monthly / Yearly events, where various speakers can be brought in to talk about their experiences and latest development in Risk Management world. We could also associate with Global Bodies like “eGarp / ISACA” to get their contribution and be recognized as a platform, where people can become really serious.
    3. Establish Framework, where people can take the responsibility to contribute.
    4. Develop various Methodologies that can help Risk Members to use that methodology; mindmaps, documents, etc.
    5. Develop a portal, which could have everything that we do with respect to Risks.
    6. Formulate a monthly Newsletter, where we have a provision to write various subjects in and around risks practices from veterans or those who have experience in various Risk Management practices and ready to contribute
    7. Identify Tools that could be looked at helping Indian Organizations automate as well as MNCs having offices in India.
    8. Face-to-face meeting on a quarterly basis to discuss new strategies & growth Plans, where CxO can be invited to make them aware of these evolving systems.

These are excellent suggestions. Please share your thoughts on this and add your own suggestions. We need to define the road ahead. If we do it now, we all will collectively benefit from the outcome.

Kind regards,

Sonia
  • I am ready to meet face to face with all persons as much possible and attend teleconferences to discuss, share and benefit from ideas.
    If you are asking whatz in it for me ? as you should....the idea is to progress at your work place to getting to do job better by infusing new ideas and also for consultants it is for knowledge share, networking and possibly consulting assignments.

Thank you Sonia for the idea.

Sonia Jaspal said:
    Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for sharing your viewpoints and discussing collaboration. We definitely need to develop a model for it as it will facilitate all members. I like your idea of teleconferencing and face to face meetings.

How about, if we locally meet up. Let us say you and me are in Bangalore, we invite more people in Bangalore and have a meeting in some coffee shop. Maybe then we can have a regular weekly or monthly set up. Others can do it in their locations separately.

Also, then we have have a national or international level teleconference. You will have to guide me on this, since I guess in comparasion to you, I shall be technoligcally challenged :).

Guys, what do you say, do you think it is workable? Would you like to do it?

Any more suggestions?

Sonia
  • Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for sharing your viewpoints and discussing collaboration. We definitely need to develop a model for it as it will facilitate all members. I like your idea of teleconferencing and face to face meetings.

How about, if we locally meet up. Let us say you and me are in Bangalore, we invite more people in Bangalore and have a meeting in some coffee shop. Maybe then we can have a regular weekly or monthly set up. Others can do it in their locations separately.

Also, then we have have a national or international level teleconference. You will have to guide me on this, since I guess in comparasion to you, I shall be technoligcally challenged :).

Guys, what do you say, do you think it is workable? Would you like to do it?

Any more suggestions?

Sonia
  • 1) How does this community provide value addition to me professionally?

I believe this community will act as a good sounding board as we find our own way through the risk management maze here in India and elsewhere.

2) What activities should be undertaken to obtain the value?

I think to start there should be various discussions with interested risk practioners (be it on India Risk, teleconferencing and if permissible face to face meetings ) to discuss and understand the various perspectives. Especially when there are many unknown variable in a field it is important to understand and look from various angles and no one will have complete information.

Based on these discussions, we can derive for our own work by collaborating and share information. I believe the field is so nascent, new and yet to mature, it is only through collaboration we can move forward.
  • Gentlemen,

Need your ideas, request you to please participate :)

Sonia
This reply was deleted.

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead