If you have not updated your employee manual since 2018-2020, it is already outdated.This webinar will help you develop an employee guide that will reduce your company's risks and help you mitigate the many workplace regulations.
Did you know that Employee Handbooks can be a risk or a benefit for Employers? For years an Employee Handbook has been one of the first documents employment law attorneys request when they are planning to pursue workplace charges against an Employer. Shouldn't you ensure that your employee handbook protects your company instead of exposing it to numerous risk? Let me help you create an employee handbook that will reduce your company's risk and help you mitigate the numerous workplace regulations that can impact your company.
Over 26-35 regulations have changed since 2016. If you haven't updated your employee handbook since 2018-2020, your handbook is already outdated.
Multi-State regulations have increased and continue to expand to other states.
Employee handbooks have been a tool for Employers from small to large companies for several years. Many companies elect to have employee handbooks and utilize employee handbook templates that are provided on-line which we call "cookie cutter handbook" since they are created as a "one size fits all".
Unfortunately, employee handbooks can be a huge risk if not updated regularly, adapted to each company, reflect policies that are followed consistently and reflect current regulations. Employee handbooks are also a critical communication tool for employees to understand what the company expects from them as well as what the company expects from employees.
In my workplace compliance experience, employees review the handbook when they are new employees coming onboard to company and when they are considering leaving the company or when they are considering suing the company.
- Participants will learn, identify and prepare for employee handbook violations
- Participants will be aware of all the new regulations that will impact their company
- The course will identify the most common employee handbook violations and how to mitigate them
- Learn what five employee handbook policies do more to reduce risk when added to your handbook
- New Employee Handbook changes established in June 2018 that help Employers!
- Participants will learn which regulatory agency will focus on which regulation and mitigate the risk
- Participants will learn what policies will land them in hot water
- What policies are "must have" for your employee handbook?
- Social media and the impact of penalties when employees choose to speak negatively about their Employer
- New paid leave laws and how Employers can manage them
- Impact of "Ban the Box" regulations on criminal background screening regulations
- States where asking candidates for salary history has been prohibited. This means removing the salary history in handbooks, applications, and career websites
- Best practices in developing an employee handbook
- What is the difference between employee handbooks and company policies?
- Learn What employee handbook policies will be outdated before the year is out
- Identify the best practices that can propel your company to be compliance savvy
- Learn how your managers/supervisors can be your Ambassadors in workplace compliance or your downfall
- See how training can be one of your "first line of defense" if you sued are
- Business Owners
- HR professionals
- Office Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Workplace Compliance professionals
- Professionals responsible for paid and unpaid leave management
- Any person wanting to keep up to date with workplace regulations and not pay fines and penalties
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural. Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives like International Privacy Issues, Drafting & Implementing policies, Reviewing and Amending Global Employment Policies, Cross-Border Reductions in Force and Restructurings, Multi-jurisdictional employee investigations, Immigration, Global Diversity Programs, Expatriate Legal Issues and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
For More Information - https://bit.ly/3yoDPYp
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org