This workshop is a one-hour program that prepares individuals who will be members of a diverse team to participate effectively to maximize their contributions to the team by using their collective intelligence toward a common team objective.
We look at team-building issues and diversity not only in relation to race, ethnicity, gender, etc. but also across business functions, geographic areas, managerial levels and we explore how all these things can affect the workplace and profitability.
We will also examine the concepts of cross-cultural communications, cultural diversity and the challenge of interacting with people who have different cultural backgrounds and experiences.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Participants learn how to take advantage of individual differences to create team synergy
- Participants learn the people skills and specific responsibilities needed to be a good team member in working with and in diverse groups
- Participants learn the roles and functions of the team itself and each member learns to be more inclusive and value other people their ideas and participation
- Participants learn effective feedback and coaching skills and understand that the team development process builds team spirit and helps the team become productive more quickly
- Participants learn how effective cross-cultural/cross-gender communication skills positively affect the functioning of the team
- Participants learn how to work toward mutually beneficial solutions by valuing other team members skills and abilities
- Participants learn how to participate in team meetings effectively
- Consensus and Conflict Resolution. Participants learn the proper use of these basic team skills
- The Value of Managing Diversity
- Key Elements of the Team Member Role
- The Structure of an Effective Team
- The Process of Team Development
- Application of Key Communication Skills
- Achieving Collaborative Outcomes
- Effective Team Meeting Skills
- The Team Skills of Brainstorming
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- HR Professionals
- Company Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- All Employees
U. Harold Levy is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on civil right issues, human resources, leadership and management. Mr. Levy has over 25 years of experience in the profession, most recently as the Eastern Regional Business Enterprise Analyst for the Department of General Services, Bureau of Minority and Women Business Opportunities. Some of Harold's clients have included major pharmaceutical corporations, Police Departments, colleges and universities, and state and county government agencies.
U. Harold Levy has published several articles on topics relating to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action, Equity Issues, Student Recruitment and Retention, Civil rights and Human Resource Issues. A graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Harold Levy has a Bachelor's degree in International Relations, a Master's Degree in Public Administration and is a certified Mediation Counselor. Mr. Levy is the recipient of many awards including the prestigious Administrative Service Award at the University of Minnesota Duluth, and the Tri State Consortium of Opportunity Programs for New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Mr. Levy is an adjunct Sociology at Northampton Community College and serves in several communities and professional organizations including Northampton County Human Relations Advisory Council to the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission; American Association for Affirmative Action and as President of the Pennsylvania Black Conference on Higher Education.
Flat 10% Off On All Webinar
Use Code SAVE10 To Get 10% Discount