This webinar will cover Form 1099-NEC for independent contractors, and Form 1099-MISC for reporting payments such as rent. We will also cover Form 1099-K and how to deal with payments made via apps such as PayPal and Venmo. IRS penalties for failure to file correct 1099s continue to rise, and the IRS is cracking down on 1099-related compliance such as backup withholding.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Attendees will have better knowledge of 1099s and how to stay in compliance and avoid penalties.
- What exactly is 1099, and who files them?
- Determining the $600 threshold
- Sending 1099s to corporations
- Form 1099-K, Venmo, PayPal, and other payment apps complicate matters
- Form W-9 and backup withholding
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Book Keepers
- Office Managers
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Tax Preparers
- Payroll Professionals
More Details Here