This training program will overview and summarize a few common themes among banks and credit unions that failed or became troubled during the recent economic crisis, which will help attendees identify red flags in an institution’s prevailing system.
Why Should You Attend:
Banking is the business of risk management. How an institution effectively identifies and manages risk, prices its products and services in relation to that risk, and provides oversight to its operations helps determine whether an institution is successful or not.
Enterprise risk management (ERM) is a major focus of regulators and financial institutions due to the high level of bank and credit union failures and other losses incurred by the industry during the recent economic crisis.
This session will discuss the process used to perform an effective enterprise risk assessment and develop a comprehensive risk approach for managing risk in a financial institution and overseeing its internal audit function.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- A summary of some of the common themes of banks and credit unions that failed or became troubled during the recent economic crisis. This will help identify red flags that you should be looking out for in your institution.
- The process used in implementing an effective ERM process and form the related ERM committee.
- A list of key processes or functions that should be included in the ERM assessment process.
- Best practices that institutions use to ensure that their boards and senior leaders have the information they need and understand the key risks within their institution’s loan portfolio, asset liability management function, incentive compensation system or performance management program, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- How to structure the ERM process and internal audit / risk management function to avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
- How to manage the ERM process and internal audit function to reduce internal audit turnover and ensure the board of directors, senior management, and regulators find the function valuable and effective in both evaluating and managing risk in financial institutions.
Who Will Benefit:
- Members of the board of directors
- Senior level executives
- Internal audit staff
- Anyone appointed to the ERM committee within a bank or credit union
Toby Lawrence is the president of Lawrence Advisory Services, a consulting firm that specializes in providing various valued added consulting services to banks and credit unions. Mr. Lawrence has almost 30 years of experience working in or serving financial institutions including serving as the president and CEO of a community bank and as a partner in two separate national CPA and consulting firms, McGladrey and CliftonLarsonAllen.
For Registration - http://www.complianceonline.com/how-to-implement-an-effective-enterprise-risk-assessment-and-related-internal-audit-function-webinar-training-703953-prdw?channel=globalriskcommunity
Note: Use coupon code 232082 and get 10% off on registration.