In spite of good hiring and inspired leadership, all supervisors ultimately must deal with someone with Toxic Attitude Syndrome.
Whether it's a crummy attitude, attendance, or just being unable to do good work; employee performance issues often consume large amounts of time, energy, and emotion. In fact, 57% of employees have witnessed abusive or intimidating behavior and probably 100% work with someone who isn't pulling their weight.
This webinar is designed to give managers insight and tools for effectively dealing with performance issues. It is a challenging job but with the proper preparation, we can hold employees accountable and improve our organizations. You will receive several handouts that act as a toolkit to get you started with your program.
- How to start off on the right foot by creating clear expectations
- How poor performance affects organizational performance and work environments
- How progressive discipline policies can hurt you
- Why probationary periods may be a bad idea
- What is employment-at-will and when can you use it?
- The key concepts in a just cause
- Steps for conducting disciplinary investigations
- How to hold employees accountable for sustained change
- A simple system for determining how to coach employees
- Dealing with difficult people
- 11 barriers supervisors face in managing behavior
- Methods for objectively documenting Toxic Attitude Syndrome
- How to prepare for termination
- How to prepare for and conduct a disciplinary meeting
- Performance Improvement Plans - receive a sample form
- Setting SMART goals for employee performance
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Managers and Supervisors who have responsibility for corrective Action
- Human Resources Professionals
- People who aspire to Leadership and Supervisory positions