It is not possible to present a complete treatment of project management in the span of 60-90 minutes. It is, however, possible to focus on those most critical project management aspects that are critical to the success of any project. Without basic tools, it is not possible to effectively manage a project to the pre-determined end date without turmoil and chaos.
This webinar will address those project management critical tasks within each project phase that must be performed flawlessly for effective project execution. It will provide the foundation and direction for future study of the subject.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Today more than ever before the job titles that we hold are not entirely reflective of the work that we do. Global teams and collaboration often place those in positions of team leadership that have the slightest foundation to manage all facets of complex projects. Project management requires specific knowledge of the key project facets that must be carefully managed. The interactions across divergent corporate functions, cultures, languages, and time zones all pose unique challenges to the new project manager.
- What is a project
- What is a project management
- What is the project manager
- What are the PMI and the PMBOK
- The project phases
- The triple constraint
- Authority and responsibility
- Identifying and interacting with stakeholders and why they are important
- Why is effective project initiation critical to project management
- The Statement of Work
- The Project Charter
- Identifying project tasks
- Planning for task completion - the planning tools
- Controlling the project
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Senior Directors