Integrating ESG factors into investment decision making is no longer optional, it’s a must. Larry Fink’s recent letter to CEOs re-iterated that long-term decision-making is at the forefront of client demands. The talk has shifted to real investment action.
The Global Sustainable Investment alliance has valued sustainable investments as over $30trn, a 34% surge since 2016 with no sign of slowing down.
However – investors and asset managers still lack critical data, and ESG factors still are susceptible to be side-lined by asset managers. Ultimately, there’s still work until ESG is totally Mainstream.
On January 29th at 10:30-11:30am, Reuters Events will host an interactive webinar ‘Taking ESG Mainstream - Unlocking Financial Materiality’. Over the course of the hour, Veronica Chau, Partner and Director of Sustainable Investing & Social Impact at Boston Consulting Group will lead a discussion on the key ESG integration steps investors must take in 2020 to unlock more financial value from mainstream portfolios.
Veronica will be joined by Andrew Parry, Head of Sustainable Investments at Newton Investment Management, an investment manager with over £50bn of assets under management, and Frank Siblesz, Senior Director at DIF Capital Partners, who manage assets worth €5.6bn.
- Utilising data driven environmental, social and governance considerations into core decision-making, leaving no stone unturned when considering investments.
- Unlocking higher-risk investment options through transparent understanding of ESG Risk
- How ESG can deliver financial rewards across both short-term & long-term investments - proving ESG to be a benefit, not a burden.
“There is a growing demand, from retail and institutional clients alike, for investment solutions that use ESG as a lens to drive financial value.
Asset managers who want to become leaders in sustainable investing should:
- Invest in new tools to harness ESG data
- Develop authentic and credible methods for integrating ESG into each step of their investment process
- Expand sustainable investing to all asset classes and build talent and capabilities, especially amongst the investment professionals, to embed this as a way of doing business”
- Veronica Chau, Partner and Director of Sustainable Investing & Social Impact at Boston Consulting Group.
Register for this webinar today – those who register will be sent the recordings, even if they cannot join live.
This webinar is made in conjunction with ESG Investments Europe by Reuters Events. Between 27-28th May, the event will host 150 executive investors, asset managers and data providers at the Novotel West, London UK.
Project Director - Reuters Events
+44 (0) 207 375 7512