Many growing companies are adopting a best-of-breed approach to business applications. Rather than purchasing their ERP, CRM, HCM, warehouse management, and other systems from the same vendor, companies are using products from multiple manufacturers and integrating them together, often in the cloud. In addition, through mergers and acquisitions, they are integrating with still other business applications and bringing in the system administrators and employees from the acquired company.
Knowing who has access to the various systems does not necessarily mean that you know what they are doing. Businesses need to also know:
- The securable objects accessible from each role
- Which user has been assigned to each role
- Cross-application risk presented by each user
- Which users no longer require certain access privileges
For example, if vendors are maintained in a CRM system and payments are generated out of a separate ERP, the risk for fraudulent activities now spans across multiple applications if the same user has sufficient access in both systems.
Fastpath is offering an eBook to help you understand and manage the risks present in a multi-application environment.
Download the eBook to learn:
- An overview of an organization’s risk that come with business transformation
- Best practices companies should consider when dealing with the evolving business application security landscape
- The benefits of multi-application risk management and automation.