A guide that illustrates the methods, mechanisms, techniques and instruments to launder money and finance terrorism. It recommends solutions to minimise the risk for each sector of the eco-system and at the national level. .
• Manging money laundering and financing of terrorism risks in a Holistic manner
• Analysis of Case studies; Inferences
• Analysis of some countries suffering from the risks
• The link between Organised Crime and Financing of Terrorism
• Methodology for determining a Risk Based Approach at the Sector and national level is explained
• Usage of tools for minimising risks at the entity and national level
• Risk & Control Monitoring explained using reported incidents
• Operations of the Financial Intelligence Unit
• Good Governance and the National Integrity System
This book not only examines thoroughly the problem of money laundering and financing of terrorism in a comprehensive manner with interesting case studies but also provides governance measures to mitigate the evil. The author has rightly stressed the need for proper evidence gathering, domestic co-ordination of various agencies and international co-operation to deal with this global priority. His suggestions such as implementation of National Integrity System, strong political will including electoral integrity and more effective governance are indeed worth the attention of any democratic government in order to protect, preserve and promote democracy for posterity.
Mr. T.S. Krishnamurthy
Former Chief Election Commissioner, Chief Commissioner of Income Tax-Mumbai
Government of India.
The book provides an insight into the different typologies of money laundering and financing of terrorism. It also throws light on relevant methodologies and tools to mitigate the adverse impact of money laundering. It explains a risk-based approach to mitigate the risks at the entity and national levels. It is very valuable book to those practitioners combating money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism world-wide.
Dr. S.Ramamurthy, Former IMF Consultant
FCIS (UK), FCCA (UK) and PhD in Economics (Calif, USA).