Go ahead and use this discussion to tell the members about yourself. Who you
are and what you do...  Have fun.
So feel free to get involved and say hello to your fellow group members - we want to know more about YOU!

You need to be a member of Global Risk Community to add comments!

Join Global Risk Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is a great way to introduce yourself - INTROnetCARD.  This is mine: http://play.pointacross.com/3ve8x0kskwye

• Hello every one - Greetings from Rtn.Krishnamurthy.G., with the following background -  40 years exp in a PSU Bank in all functional areas, with major part in C& I lending. CAIIB, CelSB.,  Fellow Member  of Institute of Cost Accountants of India, CEH, ISO:27001:2005 ISMS Lead Auditor, ISO:9001:2008.QMS Lead Auditor IS Auditor at M/s.Digital Age Strategies Pvt Ltd , who are CCA and CERT.in empanelled Auditors, Consultants and Trainers. Our company has the following as core business  activities: IS Audit & IT Security Audit, VA & PT.,DC/DR Site Audit, LAN/WAN Risk Assessment, Software audit, Web designing & Hosting, IT Turn key solutions, Implementation & Audit for ISO:9001,14001,20001,27001,TIA 942 and Data Center Certifications, ATM Machines & Kiosks,HR Consultancy & BPO...etc We have presence in all major Cities in India and Corpporate office at Bangalore India . We are in business for more than 10 years and have established ourselves in PVt /Publlic sector Banks/companies, and also Govt departments, with more than prestigious  1000 assignments to our credit.

• Hi, my name is Amr

I'm a banking professional at the largest bank in Egypt, with over 19 year of experience included 16 year in Corporate department "both Business and Risk'. Where I work as local and international agent and leader in syndicate & project finance loans. Egyptian citizen. 

My educational qualifications have prepared me adequately for the post being applied for. I have a Doctoral&  and Master Degree in business administration, both degrees in banking& finance Studies.

• Hi everyone.

My name is Erdem Toraman, recently graduated and have bachelors degree on Economics. I'm working in strategic risk management department of one of the biggest telco companies in Turkey. I found very useful readings and discussions in the website. 

This is my Linkedin page: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/veysel-erdem-toraman/67/555/522

Kind regards.

• Hello dear GRC members my name is GSChhatwal and I have 30 years of banking exp in India and 10 years teaching exp in colleges.I will sharw my exp with members with regards to risk mgmt.
    Thanks
    gschatwal52@gmail.com
  • Hello to all members,

I recently earned my PhD degree in Business with Capella University. Earning my doctoral degree is a game changer in my life. I have years of experience in the gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. I am taking those experiences to the next level by incorporating my working knowledge on internal auditing, gaming knowledge, financial reporting knowledge to my higher education earned. To complete my degree, I made a study on the professional skepticism of internal auditors in detecting fraud during fraud risk assessments. I made an astonishing discovery with regards to professional skepticism in detecting fraud, which is a significant contribution to the standards, regulations, and academia. Please follow the link to view a working series version of my dissertation: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2222097
  • Hello all,

I work in Information Security.  I prevent good people from being robbed.  The harm can stolen digital money, intellectual property or identity.  My interest is putting people back in charge of what is valuable to them.  When prevention does not work, rapid detection and response saves the most money.  I help people manage real risk rather than perceived risk at both the financial and technical level.  

I meet people in C suite positions.  Some are concerned, some frightened, some in control and others clueless of the financial implications of their real risks.  These, I can help; some have become friends for life.  

Treating Risk Management as if it were a form of defect management by Quality Assurance, I have combined my MBA, Six Sigma Black Belt and Information Security skill sets in to a calibrated and effective private actuarial tool set.  I can do more than Risk Management on a scale of 1 to 5.  I can credibly monetize it.  I can attach it to upstream factors that influence expensive security defect rates.  Your stock analyzing, Monte Carlo Risk Modeling team would love me.  Call me a Resident Statistician if you like.

I think it is very interesting that firms seldom know how much gain and liability occurs for each of their transactions.  If these transactions turn at the speed a computer can sustain, are they producing gain or loss faster?  

I correctly size cyber insurance and the budget of an appropriate Information Security Program in a custom fit for a firm.  Information Security is a specialized version of Quality Assurance.  The Cost Effective Cost of Quality and Risk Management are siblings.  Cloud, Network, Systems, Software and Data flows can have controlled defect rates.  Smart use of compliance requirements can be leveraged to reduce genuine risk for every dollar spent.  

If you like, I can help your team.  

What inspires me?  50% of firms cannot detect the start of an expensive technical attack for 416 days.  The expensive data fled from their computers 10 days after the technical attack succeeded.  Rather than fix this, an eForensic industry has grown to document the failure for the benefit of lawyers.  What if you knew as I do, that this situation is practical to change and often may use the same budget to achieve it through efficiency gains?  I saved a Mortgage firm 150 Million in legal settlement fines in 1 months work.  But, it is a whole lot less expensive to prevent that kind of risk exposure.

• a_kanjanapangka@yahoo.com said:

Hi all members,My name is Anchana  Kanjanapangka ,General Manager  of Petrochemical industry . My 18 years experience mainly focus  in financial management ,supply chain   management  and sales & marketing .More importantly  I will  have to import 85% of  main raw material  around the world . All  risk  managements as FOREX, Future commodity  price etc. I  would like to share experience discussion  with global risk expert  to improve  my  knowledge  and my professional  career.

• Hi all members,My name is Anchana  Kanjanapangka ,General Manager  of Petrochemical industry . My 18 years experience mainly focus  in financial management ,supply chain   management  and sales & marketing .More importantly  I will  have to import 85% of  main raw material  around the world . All  risk  managements as FOREX, Future commodity  price etc. I  would like to share experience discussion  with global risk expert  to improve  my  knowledge  and my professional  career.

• I am the owner of Management Concepts Facilitators. At Management Concepts Facilitators, we believe businesses/professions even non-profits that do not manage risks properly become less profitable and likely to face costly consequences. Our mission is to sense these risks, warn those businesses well in advance to mitigate them, and neutralizes the ones we miss as soon as possible.

We offer Due Diligence services in pre, during and post Mergers and Acquisitions. These include Forensic and Investigative accounting services, Fraud Investigations, detection, and deterrence and consultancy. All are hands-on services.

Please visit my website http://back2bizbasix.com  and click on Services page.  If your clients have overseas locations to obtain and retain business, they have an added extra challenge to meet with FCPA, UK Bribery Act and OECD regulations.

We also offer Due Diligence and Financial Investigative consultancy with value based hands-on services under FCPA, UK Bribery Act and OECD Compliance services at local levels (Branches, Subsidiaries, Distributors, Agents, other Third Parties located outside USA) before they hear knocks on their door or receive a letter / phone call from authorities.

•            Our Due Diligence include reviewing of Proportionate procedures, Risk Assessment, Training and continuous monitoring and review of internal controls, and ensuring Top-level commitment.  Our consultancy with value based hands-on services are based upon revision of Business Process Management, explore Enterprise Risk areas conduct on-site Investigations, Third party payment verifications, Facilitation payment verifications, investigate into Conflict of Interest situations at local levels.

•            We also offer interactive courses and seminars in Risk Check-up to Top Management and Risk Assessment Analysis to employees at local levels with a comprehensive and holistic approach against Fraud, Embezzlement, Malfeasance and Asset misappropriations.

•            Our consultancy with value based hands-on services compliment and go beyond to those of internal audit even external audit work. It not only includes KYC (Know Your Customer), or KYE (Know Your Employee) but most importantly KYP (Know Your People) you are dealing with particularly at local levels.

This reply was deleted.

Introducing the Global Risk Series - Book 1 Risk Management How Tos

Dear GlobalRisk Community member, Our community’s mission is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Learn from some of the top experts in the industry as they clearly explain how to approach the most important Risk management concepts. Check out their expert tips and use the link at the end of each article to navigate back to the website to leave your comment or ask a question.   Some of the topics include: How do you Explain Risk Appetite?  How to Prepare a…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by GlobalRiskCommunity Mar 21
Views: 912

[Free COVID-19 Framework] What's the path to recovery look like?

We created a free presentation (attached), which discusses both global and organizational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with critical actions organizations should take immediately. This presentation introduces a framework that helps regions and organizations navigate a path to recovery via 9 potential scenarios. These scenarios capture outcomes related to GDP impact, public health response, and economic policies. The presentation also breaks down 6 immediate and critical actions…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Steve Diaz Jul 8, 2023
Views: 206

If risk management is about decision making, are current risk management solutions irrelevant?

Now that the updated COSO and ISO risk management standards emphasize a connection to enterprise objectives and decision making, does this mean ERM and GRC solutions focused on risk registers and regulatory compliance are missing the true value of risk management?Will current risk management solutions evolve to integrate more decision support functionality or will standalone prescriptive analytics and other technology solutions take a more prominent role in enabling risk-informed…

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 131

A question related to classification of instruments between trading and banking book.

We have an interesting question from one of our members.       "We usually perform OTC FX transactions with clients backed-to-back on the market (with Banks). Now we are going to perform a FX swap (i.e. Spot + forward) JPY/EUR for the Bank account for 1 week at the longest. The purpose is to get EUR place @ CB for LCR compliance purpose (no trading purposes). Bank's Management think that this should be considered as a trading position and therefore be classified within the Bank's trading book.…

Read more…
5 Replies · Reply by Prisha Singh Dec 26, 2023
Views: 315

Plunging oil prices: curse or blessing in disguise?

The recent sudden crash of oil prices has had a major impact on the world economy, leading to many troubled faces in the international arena. The Russians fear the effects of yet another powerful hit on their economy, Venezuela seems to be considering default and the Americans are weary of the consequences for its young and emerging shale oil industry. And then you have the Middle East, where the smallest match is enough to ignite the largest fire. But are these worries really justified or…

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

About Us

The GlobalRisk Community is a thriving community of risk managers and associated service providers. Our purpose is to foster business, networking and educational explorations among members. Our goal is to be the worlds premier Risk forum and contribute to better understanding of the complex world of risk.

Business Partners

For companies wanting to create a greater visibility for their products and services among their prospects in the Risk market: Send your business partnership request by filling in the form here!

lead